Shotgun Utilities Framework: version 4.5 onwards is missing from app store

Hi

I noticed that version 4.5 onwards for the shotgun utilities was missing for the app store. This is required for the python console. The highest version I could find was 4.4.15

[WARNING sgtk.core.util.filesystem] Could not delete: C:\Users\pritish.dogra\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\tmp\0d1308f8aa8a48ee8e3cc5aee2874092. Folder does not exist
[ERROR sgtk.ext.build_plugin] An exception was raised: Failed to download into path C:\Users\pritish.dogra\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\tmp\0d1308f8aa8a48ee8e3cc5aee2874092: The App store does not have a version 'v4.5.0' of
item 'tk-framework-shotgunutils'!

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to point the location directly to the link

tk-framework-shotgunutils_v4.x.x:
      type: app_store
      name: tk-framework-shotgunutils
      link: https://github.com/shotgunsoftware/tk-framework-shotgunutils/archive/v4.5.2.zip

Cheers

Pritish

2 Likes

Hi!

I’m looking at the stream of releases for the shotgunutils framework and it seems we’ve had a couple of 4.5.x releases in the past but we pulled out these releases from out App Store quite a long time ago. Unfortunately we forgot to clean up our release notes pages to remove those broken versions of the API. We’re sorry making you waste your time! I’ll update the release notes page right away.

In any case, the Toolkit Python console should work with Shotgun Utils 4.4.x, so there’s no need to pull the 4.5.x releases. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re still having issues.

As for your second question, you can’t pull a framework from git using this syntax. Here’s a link to the notation used to pull a Toolkit bundle from Git.

Cheers,

JF

3 Likes