Disable entities on multiple projects

Hi

Is there a way to disable entities from multiple projects?

I would like to create a few custom entities but not have them available on currently existing projects.

Thanks

Jacob

3 Likes

Hi Jacob :wave: ,

Thanks for your question! Yes, there is a way to do so through Tracking Settings, per project. Once you’re in tracking settings for a given project, notice the list of entities on the left. Hover over the one you wish to hide in the project, and you’ll see a - icon appear. Once you toggle the -, that entity will be hidden from the project and will be moved to the hidden dropdown at the bottom.

Let me know if that clears things up.

Cheers,
Shayna

1 Like

Hi Shaynad

Thanks for the reply.

What we’d like to do is to disable the entity on multiple projects in one action.

We have many existing projects and after creating a custom entity we’d need to go project per project and disable it.

We were hoping there’d be a way (maybe via API) to disable the entity on a large list of projects without having to do it project by project which will take quite a bit of time.

Thanks

Jacob

1 Like

I see, thanks for clarifying! Unfortunately, there isn’t scripting access to tracking settings (UI Visibility rules aren’t accessible via the API) at this time. That said, this would need to be controlled via the UI for each individual project in tracking settings.

I can definitely see how API access to tracking settings would open a lot of doors and help a lot in your case! I’d recommend logging your request with our product team on our roadmap portal. Check out those instructions here:

1 Like

Hi Shaynad

Thanks for the reply.
I will look into opening a feature request

Thanks

Jacob

1 Like