Using Client Notes as Notes for... clients

Hi there,

We started using CRS lately and wanted to share ‘old’ Notes with our Clients. As we did these Notes before making our playlists they are not referenced to it, and so not visible even though the Shots they are linked to are in the playlists.
We thought at first the ticking box ‘Client Note’ would make the Note available for the Clients, but it is not the case :smiley:
My question is : how do you handle this?
I thought about an event handler plugin that would browse Shots notes when creating a playlist or attaching a Shot to one, but I would prefer a smoother solution.

Best Regards,
Francois

2 Likes

Hi @François_Touvet,

Welcome to the community! Nice to have you :wave:

Out of the box, the Client Review Site is specifically restricted to only allow Note content created in the Client Review Site to be seen there. The purpose of this was to keep internal Notes and conversations away from Clients. SG browser created Notes cannot be made visible to the CRS from either the UI, or API.

There aren’t currently any plans to change this feature, it’s locked down pretty tight within the functionality of the CRS to keep everything running smoothly.

An alternative would be to create a Client group user where they can log into your site, and then you can restrict their permissions as needed, but that would incur a headcount to your subscription fee.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

Cheers,
Beth

Hi Beth, thanks for your reply!

Are you 100% sure of that? I had a try and created a Client Note from the Shotgun UI, attached it to my playlist and a shot in it. I then reloaded CRS and was able to see my comment.

Best Regards,
Francois

1 Like

Hi @François_Touvet,

Seeing your reply and doing some deeper dives, the Client Note field is only editable in the Shotgun browser UI when you create a new Note but not once the note is created.

We have a feature request to explore this behaviour further and determine whether we feel Client Note should be editable after a Note has been created, if the user has permission to do so, OR if we just lock the field altogether and only allow this field to be checked ON if the Note was created in the Client Review Site.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Beth

1 Like

Hi Beth,

well my inclination would go to option #2, as it would allow to do what I was looking for at first :wink:
Thanks for your help!

Best
Francois

2 Likes

Hi Beth, Has there been any progress on this front? You mentioned an existing feature request - This functionality would also be valuable in reverse.

Client notes are not visible to some of our permission roles (a custom artist group), but once the client note is reviewed and deemed ready for the artist, we’d like to be able to toggle visibility on for them.