Unable to launch RV in Windows Server 2019

Hello - installed RV on a Windows Server 2019 instance - the same way as I did in our Windows Server 2016 instances.

Problem is I am getting this error message when trying to launch it:

C:\Program Files\Shotgun\RV-7.6.0\bin>INFO: Using ‘C:\Users\mario.capellari’ for $HOME.
rv.exe
Version 7.6.0, built on Dec 12 2019 at 12:49:53 (HEAD=02e172695). (L)
Copyright © 2019 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Failed to load libEGL (The specified module could not be found.)
QWindowsEGLStaticContext::create: Failed to load and resolve libEGL functions
Failed to load opengl32sw.dll (The specified module could not be found.)
Failed to load and resolve WGL/OpenGL functions
WARNING: missing doc directory in bundle
WARNING: missing html directory in bundle

Obviously somethings amiss… Is there a specific Windows Server 2019 installer I should use instead?

Thanks!
Mario

1 Like

Hi Cape,

Thank you for posting in forums!

Unfortunately we don’t have an updated code for TLM server. What this means is that our TLM server still relies on Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

Sounds like you may be running into this problem. You’ll need to install that package to get all the dlls that the tool needs. You can find it here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Sorry about that! I’m putting in a feature request to update our server to something more modern.

Thanks,
Alexa

1 Like

Thank you Alexa!

Unfortunately Windows Server 2019 is not allowing to “downgrade” to older versions of the Visual C++ environment.

Don’t want to uninstall the current version either - to not cause other problems…

Hey Cape,

I’ve put in a ticket with our internal team to fix this. We’ll keep you updated as this progresses.

Thanks,
Alexa

1 Like