Are you ready for some exciting updates? You may have noticed we changed our Shotgun newsletter format slightly. We’re now doing quarterly updates, featuring a roundup of all the great things that have been happening the past three months.
Highlights from Feb., Mar., Apr.
- Our community is growing! Thanks everyone for your participation in our monthly Forum Fridays. Please join in on our next one, on May 29. (And in case you missed it, you can read all about April’s Forum Friday.)
- We at Shotgun are happy to be part of Autodesk’s Extended Access Program. Try an extended trial of Shotgun for free, and get your team up and running remotely.
- Speaking of working remote, our team has compiled a list of helpful tips and resources for working at home.
- We’ve also added a new tutorial series, Getting Started with Games, to help you master the basics. (Other tutorials include Getting Started with Film & Animation and Getting Started with Episode TV.)
- You may have also noticed we started sharing our release notes here in our forums. Now you can watch the topics and easily get updates on releases.
- We’ve made a lot of improvements to Shotgun, such as how to use task templates and updates to the importer, as well as the ability to hide media download links in Shotgun and the option to show values immediately in entity fields.
- We’ve also added a lot of review features, including allowing 3D artists to bring media from Maya into Shotgun Create with one-click, adding Ghost and Hold annotation modes in Shotgun Create, extending SDI support for AJA and Black Magic hardware, and improving RV Sync for teams working from home.
- Our Street team held live office hour sessions.
- And last, in February, we held a Shotgun Scheduling summit, and started some exciting work on scheduling and resource planning.
We’ll have more for you next quarter. Thanks for being part of the Shotgun community!