Hello there community—it’s #forum-friday time!
- @jfboismenu announced the Shotgun Desktop Beta going live and is looking for participants to provide feedback. Learn more about the Beta and how to get connected here.
- If you missed the Autodesk Vision Series, the presentation recordings are now available to watch on our YouTube channel.
- We’re beginning the journey toward deprecating Shotgun Review for RV. Get a rundown and add your thoughts in this thread.
- Learn 6 Secrets to Surviving the New World of Remote Workflows from visual effects and animation industry pros with this new e-book.
New releases, features, and updates:
- Shotgun 8.16 and 8.17 rolled out with improvements to the importer and more.
- Shotgun Integration 1.3.13 was released with official support for Mari 4.6 in addition to a handful of other improvements. Read all the details here.
- RV 7.9 was released earlier in the month with a focus on stability, improved RV Sync notifications, and better audio caching for Screening Room for RV. Additionally, the Shotgun Python Console and Import Cut tool have been made more discoverable.
- #shotguncreate received a bug fix update—check out the details here.
New to Forum Friday?
Forum Friday is a day where members of the Shotgun Team will be joining discussion in the forums all day—ready to answer your questions. Think of it as an “Ask Me Anything” session with our team and other members of the SG Community.
Where: Right here!
Who: Anyone and everyone!
If you’re not sure where to start, come say hi in our introductions thread!
Till next time, see you on the forum!