Hello there community! Hope everyone’s hanging in there.
It’s time for June’s #forum-friday!
June's Community Highlights
On the forum:
- Props to @Alefeve, @mharris for chiming in and helping answer questions over in the #pipeline category.
- for @ymesh for submitting a PR that was recently used to help resolve a check state issue.
- The Street Team has been adding short, info-packed F.A.Q. topics based on common support questions. Check them out at the #faq tag.
- The Product Team is looking for feedback on some ideas under consideration. You’ll find these under the #considering tag—add your thoughts today!
New releases, features, and updates:
Shotgun 8.13 shipped adding date support for calculated fields and introducing three new Task Dependency behaviors to more accurately reflect the way you work and a handful of features for the Producers out there. Read all about it in the Release Notes. (Psst! Want to get updated on all SG releases? Got to the #shotgun:release-notes category, click the icon, and update your notification preferences.)
7.8 was released featuring new progressive loading that plays back media 7-10x faster and tightened up sync-ed session support. Learn more here.
Shotgun Integration 1.3.9 is available now and features bug fixes and improvements around description inheritance in Publish2 App and more.
On the heels of adding screen capture support in May, Shotgun Create now has Playlist Search and a handy new way to jump to/from in the browser.
Some light reading:
- Shotgun GM Sarah Hodges discusses the new normal in Media & Entertainment as the industry reacts to the global pandemic.
- Community member and advocate @christian.deiss contributed to a case study on the cutting edge work Magnopus is delivering.
- Are you an #artist of the future? How to achieve creative flow from anywhere.
- Follow Rocket Science’s journey of adopting Shotgun into their pipeline and the benefits it brought.
- Check in with the next wave of Media & Entertainment pros with this piece about how students at Solent University are adapting to the challenges of production and learning during the pandemic.
New to Forum Friday?
Forum Friday is a day where members of the Shotgun Team will be posting in the forums all day, ready to answer your questions, and talk Shotgun. Think of it as an “Ask Me Anything” session with our team and other members of the SG Community.
When: Friday, June 26, 2020
Starting: Friday 5PM PT (Friday 1AM BST)
Ending: Friday 5PM PT (Saturday 1AM BST)
Who: Anyone and everyone!
If you’re not sure where to start, come say hi in our introductions thread!
See you on the forum!