Shotgun Schema Introspection TK app released

Howdy,

I hope everyone is safe and healthy out there!

I’ve had this TK app in my toolbox for a while and thought I would release it to the community.

It’s a simple Toolkit app that allows Shotgun and Toolkit developers to quickly navigate and inspect the Shotgun entities, fields and the underlying schema. Easier than calling the same functionality from the SG API.

Cheers,

Scott Ballard
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottballard

13 Likes

This is awesome—thanks for sharing with us all, @scottballard!

I added a few tags to your post—including #community-release which is handy for seeing all community contributed apps, tools, and more.

2 Likes

Badass, Scott! Thanks for sharing! :metal:

2 Likes

So awesome! I’ve gone ahead and added it to our Community Shared Integrations page as well (along with your cool logo!). Thanks for sharing it, Scott!

2 Likes

Great! Thanks Tannaz! Do you mind adding the Naming Convention TK app as well? I’ll send to the community as well (I originally only posted it to the email list)

1 Like

Super useful @scottballard! thanks for sharing!

1 Like

done!

2 Likes

So neat app! thanks a lot!

1 Like

@scottballard, thanks for sharing! I had to make a little tweak to get this to work as a Toolkit App using the tk-config-basic and noticed this is missing from the info.yml file:

configuration:
    menu_name:
      type: str
      default_value: "SG Schema Introspection"

Not sure if this is necessary with the setup using tk-config-default2, which I am sure you designed this for, but I had to add this to get past the install errors I was seeing with the engine.register_command() call. I also removed the type : panel... properties to get it to display as a button directly in Toolkit.

Very handy!

2 Likes

@mharris Glad you find the app useful, you are correct that is missing from the info.yml. I’ll add it later today and release it. Good catch!

Cheers,
Scott

4 Likes

@mharris Hey, I’ve released a new version and included deny permissions and deny platform, along with the info.yml tweaks you suggested. In my testing though, the deny permissions doesn’t seem to be working. Not sure if its something I did or a TK bug? Can you give it a try on your end and see if deny permissions is working for you?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Cheers,
Scott

2 Likes

@mharris I just saw your other post about the same exact issue. Looks like it only works with tk-shotgun and the browser integration (bummer). They should note that in the documentation! I’m email support about it.

1 Like

@scottballard, did you see @philip.scadding’s post here about the permissions settings?

2 Likes

Hey Mike, I sent you another message after the last one I sent you. Yes I saw that and I also saw the other post here saying that the deny permissions only applied to the tk-shotgun engine and the web browser. I emailed support to update the docs about that or add support for SG Desktop

3 Likes