Shotgun create wrong apps

I am using Shotgun Create out of the box on a Mac. It is showing the wrongs apps to launch. How do I fix this? Shotgun in the browser and Shotgun Desktop are right but Create is wrong.

M

Hello @mgoetsch !

From what I understand you are trying to “open in…” your media in another app from Shotgun Create and the apps you see are not the same as in Shotgun Desktop.
By wrong, do you mean it is missing some apps ?
Are you working in a custom config ?

Thanks,
Andréanne

Yes. It is missing some I have and showing some apps I don’t have anymore. It’s just a different list than I see in Shotgun browser and Shotgun Desktop as set in admin software. I have not modified the config in Shotgun Create. I did try deleting Shotgun Create, and downloading again.

If you use custom config, Do you have an entry for tk-desktop2 in your custom config with the entries required to launch the missing apps?

Shotgun Desktop use the tk-desktop engine while Shotgun Create use tk-desktop2. That might be the reason why the app showed are different from SG Desktop and SG Create.

1 Like

I don’t have a custom config that I am aware of. Is there a config somewhere in my filesystem that defines these things? Where is it located on a Mac?

The results are also different because SG Desktop uses the “Project” context while SG Create uses the “Task” context. Unfortunately, if you do not use custom config it is not possible to change the apps available in SG Create.

If you are interested in having a custom config I would recommend this guide that shows you the steps for creating it.

After creating your custom config, you will need to have an entry for tk-desktop2 in your custom config with the entries required to launch the missing apps. So,you’ll want to make sure that, in the project environment config/env/project.yml , you have tk-desktop2 defined, and that you have the proper tk-multi-launchapp instance(s) defined to give you the desired launchers in Create.

I hope this helps

Thank you, Laurina. That works.

1 Like