Application List on Create

Hello.

Where exactly does the Create application searches for possible applications to open a task?

The issue is the “Open In” dialog works for most of the tasks, like at Shot or Asset level, but it doesn’t work for a task I created at the project level.

I figure it’s something simple, but I can’t find it. Thanks.

2 Likes

hi @vtrvtr,

Shotgun Create uses the Shotgun Toolkit under the hood for this feature. From what I remember, in order to have actions, the task need to be linked to an entity.

3 Likes

Hello @geffrak. Sorry, maybe I’m understanding it incorrectly, but I think in my case I think the task is linked to an entity, in this case the project.

3 Likes

@vtrvtr,

I was wrong in my answer. Instead of entity, I should have said Pipeline Step.

2 Likes

Hey @vtrvtr!

The configurations for Create are defined for the tk-desktop2 engine in your pipeline configuration. You’ll want to make sure that, in the project environment config/env/project.yml, you have tk-desktop2 defined, and that you have the proper tk-multi-launchapp instance(s) defined to give you the desired launchers in Create.

If you want to have the same launchers as you do on Shot/Asset steps, you can probably just include the same block as those environments do. More on includes in our Environment Configuration Reference.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you still have questions.

4 Likes

Hello, Tannaz, that makes total sense. It works like a charm, thanks!

4 Likes