ShotGrid Support Update

When you need a support page to explain how to find your support tickets, I think it’s safe to say there’s a UX fail occurring. :rofl:

Just to be explicit about how odd the user experience is here… as a user looking for support, I browse to Autodesk’s support site, lodge a new ticket, and I am left with no link to the ticket, just an ID. I have to actually search for a support site article explaining where my tickets live and browse to a totally different URL/sub-domain to find the ticket I created(It turns out they live under “manage.autodesk.com” rather than “Support and learning | Autodesk Knowledge Network”). It really is baffling…

I was pleasantly surprised to see that when submitting a ticket there is an option to raise a call with support, but when clicking that link, the page failed to load… so I don’t know if this is a broken service or simply a dead link.

Refreshing that broken page breaks the proxy

Afte retrying a few times I managed to get the “schedule a call” page to show up. I guess there’s a problem with your load balancer or reverse-proxy.
It looks like there are zero slots available anyway.

Is this system actually working yet or is it simply over-subscribed?

If there are no slots available, can you make it so you automatically get a slot assigned when an agent gets a free slot?

I would be really excited by the ability to talk any problems through with a SG support agent rather than having to communicate only via the ticketing system.

1 Like

I know this thread is a little old now, but I’m just adding my experience of the new “support” system.

<Brace for rant>

I submitted a ticket about a technical issue to be told 3 working days later (5 actual days) that it’s gone through to the Registration team rather than the technical team. This is baffling when during the wonderful multi-click experience of going though the Post Purchase Support>Help using my software>etc that Help using my software isn’t being categorising cases as Technical Support.

Further to that when attempting to reply to the ticket explaining my confusion I attached an image to illustrate that the current UI doesn’t clearly indicate how to raise technical issues. However on clicking submit to update the case with my questions and attachment I got an error message saying I don’t have permissions to attach things and the entire reply that I’d created was lost.

Historically the Shotgun support team were excellent. I’m sad to say the ShotGird support seems like a pale imitation of it’s former self. :cry:

2 Likes

I’ve been using Shotgun/Shotgrid for years. I used to be able to email a human back and forth and quickly resolve issues, it was amazing! Now I’m stuck waiting a week, and just… crickets. I used to sing Shotgun’s praises and recommend it to every studio. What the heck is happening? I miss the old support set up. :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi SG community! I just made a new post about this, but wanted to also follow up here given that the topic is closely related. Check it out here: New - Critical Case Routing

3 Likes

@ABuller or @Jordan.Giboney are either of you still on this active on this forum?
Can I put a request in that Autodesk put visibility on the front page of who are the current support staff on this forum? There are so many ex-street-team or ex-employee SG support posters, that it’s impossible to know who we can ping for support here. I’ve had to resort to stalking people on LinkedIn to see if they are still in the product support role at AD :ninja:

It would be great to have a single page that shows us who the support team is, what their expertise is (eg games/film/production) and the organisation structure… and for this page to be kept up to date.

Thanks again
Patrick

8 Likes

I dont know if this is because I started using SG before the support changes, but for me the first result when I google “Shotgrid support”, the first is result is the old Zendesk site. This just feels odd when that site hasn’t been in use for a year now.

4 Likes