ShotGrid and Yearly subscriptions

I looked at the FAQ but can’t find this answer. We have a yearly subscription that isn’t due until February. When the Autodesk account thing kicks in starting June 7th, will we have to do anything to our account or will it continue until the end of the contract?

2 Likes

Hi @byronnash ,

Thanks for the message - I believe that number 32 from the Shotgun Integration FAQ should help you out here since you are on yearly. This refers to those Admin Account users that are set up on your Account Center:

32. What happens at migration for me if I do not already have an Autodesk account?

For non ShotGrid eStore customers :

Once migration occurs, you will automatically be registered for an Autodesk Account and will receive an email prompt to confirm your account. Once you confirm your account and set your password, you will then be able to log in to the Autodesk Account Center to manage your ShotGrid entitlements.

After all migration steps are complete, ShotGrid users can continue to log in directly to the ShotGrid platform using their site URL. ShotGrid users may also reach the ShotGrid platform from their Autodesk Account. Hosted users assigned to ShotGrid will login to their ShotGrid site using their Autodesk Identity credentials.

Additionally, after the transition occurs, you can refer to 30:

30. I am a primary admin - what will I be responsible for once my subscription(s) are migrated?

You will be responsible for completing the following steps:

1. Migrate user accounts to Autodesk, which is the process of transitioning the user authentication method on hosted site(s) to Autodesk Account credentials.
  2. Site Provisioning, which will also assign seats to ShotGrid users in the Autodesk Account. You can either manage this process yourself, or assign secondary administrators who can also manage this process.

Once migration occurs, you will initiate step (1) on your individual sites and step (2) from your Autodesk Account.

Step-by-step instructions for this workflow will be available soon.

The primary admin will have until October 1, 2021 to take the necessary steps to migrate user accounts to Autodesk and complete Site Provisioning.

If primary admin customers do not take action by October 1, 2021, all users will lose access to their Shotgun sites. We understand that this impacts your business, so we strongly recommend that the necessary steps are taken prior to October 1, 2021. If you have any issues or questions, please reach out to your Autodesk Sales Representative or submit a Support request.

This may be of interest as well:

15. Will my site URLs be changing and, if so, when?

There will be no change to existing hosted site URLs. We will announce if and when existing clients can opt-in to update their existing site(s) from shotgunstudio.com to the new shotgrid.autodesk.com domain.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Beth