SG Desktop Inconsistencies

Can someone tell me what’s going on with ShotGrid Desktop GUI branding? I have witnessed several “scenarios” of branding / logos on user machines that have all installed the latest app from ShotGrid’s website. Some examples:

• Old (black and white circular) application icon on taskbar, old application icon on title bar, “SHOTGRID” in lower left corner.
  • New (blue and white squared) application icon on taskbar, old application icon on title bar, “SHOTGRID” in lower left corner.
  • New application icon on taskbar, new application icon on title bar, “ShotGrid Desktop” in lower left corner.

I guess it’s not a huge deal, but I don’t like things that make no sense that I don’t understand when troubleshooting other issues :slight_smile:

These two users installed SG Desktop within minutes of each other:

I have a hunch that if you update an app in Windows these things don’t always get changed.

Might be because the installer doesnt do the required stuff or windows needs an extra trigger or something.

What happens if you properly uninstall and fresh install?

I have noticed the same with Deadline recently where they changed the wording “Slave” to “Worker” and this only seems to change on machines with a fresh install versus an upgrade.