RV won't launch import cut/EDL tool

Hello!

When I select “import cut with 7.0+” it launches RV but it does not give me the option to drag & drop cut & edl. I checked to make sure my pop up blocker is disabled but I’m still having the same issues. Including screenshots of steps.

I put in a support ticket for this 6 days ago but have heard nothing at all. Noticing that things are much slower nowadays…

Hi Kaleigh,

Would it be possible to know which version of ShotGrid and which version of RV you are using when experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Ian

Shotgrid: v8.27.0.8319 (build ce9004a)
RV: 4.8.7

Hi Kaleigh,

I had a look around the issue your are reporting and it seems that the functionality you are looking for has been broken in older versions of RV. There were a lot of changes that came in RV, SG Toolkit and ShotGrid in the last few years. The “Import cut with 7.0+” will work using a more recent version of RV. Upgrading to RV 7.9.2 or RV 2021.1.0 will resolve the issue.

Here is a link to the download page to find the most recent versions:

Thanks,
Ian

Still does not appear to be working. I downloaded the latest version of RV (RV 7.3.3 RELEASE) and this is the interface I get when I select Import Cut with RV 7.0+:

It does not give me the option to drag and drop my EDL or MOV.

Best,

Kaleigh Slezinger
VFX Producer
Mobile 818.746.7679

Hi Kaleigh,

RV 7.3.3 is an old release. Clicking on the link from my last post, it should bring you to a download page where you will have access to RV 2021.1.0, which is the latest release, or RV 7.9.2 which is the previous release that we have made. I had a look with both versions and your problem should be fixed with one or the other.

Here is the link to the download page:

Feel free to let me know if you have any issues accessing those versions.

Thanks,
Ian

That worked - thank you so much!!

Best,

Kaleigh Slezinger
VFX Producer
Mobile 818.746.7679

1 Like