RV auto combine before and after 1 or 3 shots playback

Hello dear shotgun community
I am looking for feature in RV, select a shot in RV and auto combine before and after 1 or 3 shots playback together! Not sure if it’s possible or has a package extend to plug in?
Or please give a guide to read more related this feature!

Thanks!
Jimmy

2 Likes

Hi @vfxjimmy

Welcome to the community, thanks for posting this here. May I ask, are you using the Shotgun / RV integration or is this just for reviewing shots outside of Shotgun?

If you use the Shotgun integration, from RV go to Shotgun > Current Source Prefs > Isolate Neighbors & Versions. This will isolate the current version, and append the before & after shot to your session.

Please note that in order for this to work, you need to have the Cut Order field on the shot entity filled out. If you don’t track Cut Order, this particular menu item won’t work.

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible out of the box if you are just using RV, since an RV session wouldn’t have any automated idea of the shot order. It may be possible to do something based on the filename of your sources though.

Let me know how you get on and we’ll be happy to assist further

Cheers,
Andrew

2 Likes

Hello Andrew:
Thanks your quick reply!
for your question:
“May I ask, are you using the Shotgun / RV integration or is this just for reviewing shots outside of Shotgun?”
A: yes! we suggest artists use RV to review their works in studio, because the movie playback quality is better! And RV has a ability to swap media that good for lighting / compositing step!

Yes! I follow Andrew’s suggestion to active "cut order field " in shotgun!
And I set cut order like this 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 … order! and Isolate Versions & Neighbors is working well!
But when I set cut order like this 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 … order! and Isolate Versions & Neighbors is not working! only open new RV session with current shot only!

And guess what? I set cut order 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and new session Isolate Versions & Neighbors working well at first time only!
But in RV 7.7.0, In new session Isolate Versions & Neighbors, Alt+D can’t open detail window!
in RV 7.8.0, In new session Isolate Versions & Neighbors, hit Alt+D twice! I can open detail window in new session!

Then, I go back early open RV to brows other shots movie then I got this error log:

ERROR: remote-eval: exception: “unknown exception”
ERROR: remote-eval: ‘shotgun_review_app.theMode().openPaneToUrl(“https://moonshine.shotgunstudio.com/page/review_app_details”, “Right”, 450);’

and I try to open https://moonshine.shotgunstudio.com/page/review_app_details
in internet browser, it seems try to open Shotgun/ RV detail window! what’s going here? XD

This error broke RV and seems no way back to normal! Only open a new RV to restart again!
Both happen in RV 7.7.0 / 7.8.0

Is everyone has this problem, or have other suggestions could help!?
Thanks in advance!

Jimmy

1 Like