Play Cut in Create?

What do I have to do to get this button to work?
I have added a task with myself assigned to the Version of the Baselayer media and still nothing.

Preferably Cuts are just part of the Create UI so artists and users can open the latest cut to play it and dont have to be assigned to it.

1 Like

Hi Ricardo_Musch,
ShotGrid Create already supports playing versions in context of the Cuts or Sequences. See the this short video ShotGrid Create for Reviewers - Sequential Media View - YouTube. When a version is associated with a Cut, the Cut name should show up in the Context menu like in the video.

I hope this help,
Regards,
Alain

1 Like

Interesting,

we have a episode cut uploaded with the import cut tool as baselayer media.
It does not yet contain shots as it’s a bidding situation but it does contain cuts.

The hour long episode takes ages to load in Create which may be related to performance issues.

Once it’s finally loaded I cannot see the Cut Context menu show up and the cuts don’t display in the timeline.

Also, as per my message above, should the greyed out button on the Media page actually work?

1 Like

BTW, for clarity, going to the Cut page and clicking “Play in Screening Room for RV” launches RV and opens the cut just fine in there.

1 Like

Hi Ricardo,
Can you confirm you are using the latest Create version?

We suspect the task might not be properly linked with the version. If you open Create and navigate to the task you linked and open it. Can you see the version you have link? If yes, can you see the Cut in the Context menu (top right of the player)?

In order to help track your issue, you should open a support request here with all the info about the issue. Someone would be able to follow up with you.

Regards,
Alain

1 Like