Planning in sequence while working in shots

Hello!

My production is done in shots (except for layout that is working in sequence), but I would like to be able to do my high level planning in sequence for all the pipeline steps.

Is it possible to create a task in the sequence for every pipeline step that would be invisible to the artists (to avoid create confusion on their end). I would like those pipeline steps to be visible only by production.

My schedule is always moving and I am sick of my excel sheet, it takes forever to update!

Thank you for your help!
Gen

2 Likes

Hi @gsavard - yes, this is a common approach to high-level scheduling in Shotgun. What may be easiest is to use a specific Pipeline Step or Task Type (or Tag, or whatever other metadata makes sense) to specify all these “Scheduling” Tasks. Then you can simply filter those Tasks out of your Artist views. Does that seem like it would work for you?

3 Likes

Hi Tommy,
Yes, I could probably create tasks for example comp_prod/light_prod and put it in the pipeline step production. I think that would make sense… They would be easily recognizable. What do you think?

4 Likes

I think that makes perfect sense. Let us know how it goes!

1 Like