Pipeline step to hide

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has a way to hide a particular pipeline step from a specific permissions group in shotgun?

Would love to be able to hide some bid days in shotgun and therefore put them under a particular pipeline step to hide them from view from a permissions group.

Any help on this topic would be so appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Rebecca
@Ricardo_Musch

1 Like

Hi @Rebecca,

Thanks for writing in. Unfortunately it is not possible to reliably hide an individual pipeline step from a permission group. Creating permissions such as this can break general pipeline step visibility and functionality on other pages and have unexpected negative results.

Depending on the permission role, there may already be permissions in place that can help guard against this. For example, the Vendor user can only SEE Tasks that are assigned to them or their group. This prevents them from seeing any pipeline steps they are not meant too.

I might recommend having a Bid field on the Task to contain your bids and then hide the field from certain permission groups.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Beth

2 Likes

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the information!
Would be really handy to be able to lock tasks from artists so that they can be scheduled to artists as and when.

Would love a way to do this if you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Rebecca

1 Like

Hi @Rebecca,

As it stands, that is not something that is available in Shotgun (scenario planning, hidden from artist’s eyes) or invisible Tasks, but it is something that our Product managers are starting to wrap their minds around as we know how valuable this can be for our Production users.

In the meantime, a work around might be to create a Draft Assignments field, not visible to artists, whereby the users can be populated there, this way they won’t be notified when you change the field up. I know it’s not ideal but could help.

Head on over to this post to learn how to get your idea in front of our Product team so they know it’s important to your workflows. The best product ideas are the ones that are accompanied by reasons why/how it would be useful to your production or project.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
Beth

1 Like