Is there no way to upload pdf files via shotgrid create?

Why can’t i upload PDF files as versions to my tasks in Shotgrid Create? In the browser it works but PDFs are industry standard files, they should be uploadable through Create or not?

Hi,

Unfortunately, PDF are not supported as version in ShotGrid Create. But, they can be uploaded as an attachment to a Note.

Thanks,

Francisca

1 Like

The Publish2 app will happily publish them.

Create is made for a very different purpose.

Really sorry, I think i am misunderstanding ShotGrid Create then. I was under the impression it’s a tool for Artists to overview their tasks and upload Screenshots and Versions there for review?
In the browser I can easily upload a PDF file, so my assumption was that Create would mirror that feature as well.

Create is basically built on RV with a new shell and is meant for easy out of the box style reviews and collaboration.

It’s still in development so perhaps PDF support can/will be added in the future.

1 Like

I can confirm it is needed. Since it works on the web interface, users will expect to work from Create. Easy out of the box collaboration should include PDF reviews. We use PDF all the time to review concepts and series of stills. Otherwise SG creates 1 version per image, which is a nightmare to deal with when separate comments in multiple “versions” relate to the same asset. Collapsing all the images into a PDF is the way we keep things tidy.

1 Like