Flame plate version

Hi, community.

Is there any way to publish versioned plates from Flame? By default it exports the version 0 and never counts up the token. I’m jealous about productions which start with a locked edit, but we have to track versions of plates, as the ranges or sometimes even the footage it self changes over the course of production. Any tips or ideas on how to approach it?

Best regards,
Dietmar

Hello dieter - we use flame to prep shots and then publish to shotgun- if a new plate comes in we version the track in the timeline. We then use the name tokens within flame to give our new plates the new version code. We have publish preset in Flame that will use the clip name (which includes the version number) to write out the plates. Artists in Flame or Nuke can then use the loader to load the new plates. Hope this helps - Jesse

I’ve implemented a pyramid of hack-arounds for publishing versioned plates from flame (own tk-flame and tk-flame-export forks). And now I’m sure, I’ll reimplement the whole shot export app, to use the python API instead of Flame Export hooks, one day. It’s practically not possible to validate almost anything before exporting, so the chances are pretty big, that an export will break while running etc. SG Flame integration is a horrible pain-in-the-ass if you want to “bend” the export the way your studio needs it.