Android app for reviewing Versions

Hi Frank, thanks for being patient. I pushed an update that should resolve the freezing issues you have reported. This update also add a standard formatted subject to the Version note, and populates the addressed to and entity links of the Version that @brandon.foster had mentioned. Thanks for the feedback and let me know if you have continuing issues or suggestions.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @ralbertson, I just updated but am still seeing the freezing.
Should I “send feedback” when the app freezes? Maybe that gives you more info.

1 Like

yeah, sending the crash feedback would help narrow down the issue.

1 Like

I did, did you receive anything?

1 Like

Ryan updated the app so my freezing issue is resolved - super awesome!!!
I hereby nominate Ryan for the next pipeline award!!
:champagne:

7 Likes

Awesome stuff, @ralbertson! Thanks for hooking @frank and others up!

3 Likes

Would it be possible to add notifications for new notes ad new versions in the app?

1 Like

This is pretty amazing, well done @ralbertson! I’ve been playing with it a bit and it’s really snappy.

One thing I did notice is that when entering notes the keyboard on my Samsung S7 covers the note box and I can’t see the text being written or submit the new note. Is this info best shared with you in another way?

2 Likes

I am loving this app! Just had to travel for a week in the middle of an important project and it was great to easily review stuff on the road.
It’d be great if the notes system could get a little more love. E.g. filter out/mark old notes, and more transparent sorting by date. I was struggling with it a little, but just the fact that I could follow versions and comment on them on the road was incredibly helpful.

6 Likes

This is great, exactly what i’ve been looking since there’s no official app for android. One adition that would help me greatly would be to filter versions by task/department. Also adding a way to go to a previous version of the shot within the version would be great.

2 Likes

@ralbertson - Looks like you’ve got quite the happy fan base to keep you busy now! haha. Thank you for your time and energy spent with the community on this one :white_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks everybody for the great suggestions and support. I’ve decided its time to dust off this project and get back to building. I will be rolling out some updates and features starting with Ticket management.

@jing.liu
Here is a compiled .apk of the newest version that can be installed on Android devices without the Google Play Store. I will be updating my site (linked in app) with the latest .apk as they come out.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I will share will our clients @ralbertson.

1 Like

@ralbertson

I shared it with China clients. They like it very much! Thank you! This is one client send me the screenshot.

Loney

2 Likes

Hi @ralbertson , your app looks very promising ! Does it handle 2FA (2 factor authentification) ? I tried everything but I can’t get past the login page, it keeps telling me “Login credentials failed”.

1 Like

I have updated the app to handle Two-Factor Authentication. Please update from the Google play store and try again

3 Likes

Wonderful !

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi guys,
@ralbertson , thank you for your time spent with this app, I have a little credential problem with this…
give me “login credential fail”, but I’m sure its correct.
so give me this error because my link to shotgrid is “st-udio.shotgrid.autodesk.com”?
in the studio input do I insert only “st-udio” or the entire link(st-udio.shotgrid.autodesk.com)?
in the user input do I insert only a user(example) or also mail(example@mail.com)?
thank you again

Have you set up your PAT?
You need it for this app as it does not support Autodesk Identity.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/SGSUB/ENU/?guid=SG_Migration_mi_migration_account_mi_end_user_account_html#configure-your-personal-access-token

1 Like

the app is expecting
studio.shotgrid.autodesk.com for the studio and
‘example’ (without the @mail.com) for the username