Versions sorting in Client Review Site

Hello,
Has anyone figured out a way to sort through the different versions in the Client Review Site? Right now, everything seems to be in random order.
Thanks for your help,
Thomas

3 Likes

Hi @tvanthuyne,

Welcome to the forums!

You can’t change the order of versions in a playlist in the Client Review Site’s interface. If you want to reorder versions in a playlist, you need to go to the Media page.

1. You can navigate to the Media page using the Global navigation bar or the project’s navigation bar
  2. Select your project
  3. Select your shared playlist. You can search or browse for your playlist using the left sidebar.
  4. If your playlist is already shared and you want to change its order, you might need to unlock it.
  5. Next, you’ll want to sort your playlist by playlist order.
  6. Finally, you can drag and drop your versions in the playlist to put them in the desired order.

The Client Review will respect any order you set in the Media app when displaying versions to your clients.

Please note that you might want to lock your playlist again if you’ve had to unlock it to edit the version order.

I sure hope this help, Thomas.

3 Likes

Hi @bouchep,

Thanks for your answer and your help. It does help indeed (even if it’s not perfect when you have a hundred versions).

Thomas

4 Likes

That’s a pretty big playlist!

You can also sort your playlist in the media app by other means and bake that as the sort order if you wish. Maybe that can at least help you get a base ordering down faster.

For example, if your version names are the order you’d like to have in the Client Reivew Site, you can order the playlist by the version name and then choose Save Current Sort As Sort Order from the bottom of the sort menu.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

5 Likes

The helped me too, thanks.

Doesn’t seem the most logical place to do it at first glance - I certainly started trying to move them in the client preview where it seemed more logical.

There’s still quite a disconnect between the media ‘tab’ and the rest of shotgun. And the client review and screening room / RV etc. They all feel like different stages of evolution and not coherent. But the more recently updated areas often lag behind in other ways, or offer less features.

Hopefully it all comes together some day.