Tk-multi-breakdown and Assets across Projects

Hi all,

Here at work we’ve implemented modifications to allow loading of Assets between Projects, as detailed here:

https://github.com/shotgunsoftware/developer.shotgunsoftware.com/blob/master/docs/en/quick-answers/administering/share-assets-between-projects.md

The situation we run into is that when in one Project’s context, the tk-multi-breakdown only knows about the Assets associated with that context, and doesn’t display any Assets from outside Projects.

I’m wondering if anyone has made modifications to tk-multi-breakdown that would allow it to inform about/operate on Assets across Projects, and if so, how you went about it. It seems like it would involve a lot of context switching…

Any input is appreciated!

Cheers,

-DW

2 Likes

I don’t have a solution for you here, but ideally our breakdown app needs to be updated to remove its reliance on the templates.

Instead given a reference file path, it should be able to look up a PublishedFile in Shotgun that is using that path and then figure out if there are any newer PublishedFile with the same name linked to the same entity. The find_publish method may be of use here.

Anyway I think the logic should be achievable in theory without needing to involve Context objects. But you’re right, as it stands the breakdown app would need to switch contexts to different configs/projects in order to work, because it relies on templates.

Best
Phil

1 Like

Hey Phil, thanks for the link, at some point when I get time I’ll give it a try.

Cheers,

-DW

1 Like