Thumbnails not being generated

Thank you for the update!

Is there someone we can contact? I saw an update that things were “on track” but issue does not appear to have been resolved.

Our page is still not transcoding either… Is there a backlog it is slowly crunching through?

1 Like

There is currently a major outage at AWS globally which is likely the cause of the transcoder services outage.
Added annoyance is that it seems AWS console is down too so administrators may not even be able to login to the backend atm (I cant and I’m not even in US-east region).

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

2 Likes

Usually SG engineering will requeue the failed transcodes once the services are back up.

2 Likes

Is anyone else having the same issue again today?

4 Likes

same here :confused:

1 Like

Yep same here.

Same here … :frowning: :frowning:

There is an incident on the transcoding service under investigation:

1 Like

Hope it will be back soon.

Team-ShotGrid,加油!

1 Like

How long does it take to get it back? :thinking:

Hi, I have issue with publisher today, SG stopped to link tasks to published files, can it be because of that AWS issue?

Not likely, this just affects transcoding uploaded movies.

I would advice anyone to subscribe to the statuspage so you get email updates in case something goes down.

2 Likes

i have same issue :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hello Fukuda,

are none of your uploads transcoding?
Can you give a bit of background about what sort of media you have uploaded?
Are the sizes perhaps more than 5GB?

The problem is not happening now, just that the comments I posted when the problem was happening have recently been reflected.
However, the version that failed to transcode did not seem to have been requeued after 2 days. These versions were resolved by manually re-uploading the movie.

1 Like