Tank menu on Notes?

Curious if there was a way to get tank/toolkit functions on Note entities?
I seem to be having some hiccups with it.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Chris_Bennett,

Thanks for posting! May I know what kind of toolkit functions you would like to have on the menu? I think by default it’s not supported as Notes entity is not configured with Pipeline Toolkit/File Publishes.

2 Likes

Hey Ben!

Currently the idea is to make a ‘batch download/manipulate attachments’ on notes, but usually that’s how this starts. One feature gets requested then more come in later.
Bummer that they currently aren’t supported. I will make a standalone app for this instead for now.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Could an Action Menu Item fit the bill?

1 Like

Hey Patrick,

We are now generally shying away from AMI’s as we always seem to hit a critical mass with them at some point in terms of resources needed by the server we put them on (and I would like to avoid a complex setup of clusters+load balancer). Toolkit provides an easy way to run it locally on the machine so we don’t have to manage that on our end all the time. I can start this on an AMI to see how it goes.
Thanks

1 Like

Depending on what the AMI is doing, you can also delegate processing to the local computer by using a custom protocol. It’s not as neatly packaged as Toolkit, for sure, but it is possible.

Arguably, IMHO, the worst part becomes distribution of your AMI-handling app to users.

1 Like

^^ That’s true I hadn’t thought of that, thanks! I’ll just have to get IT involved in pushing the regkey to users.

Haha true words.

2 Likes