Solution for sending versions to external SG site

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a smart solution to send a version (or even other entities) from one SG site to another?
I often collaborate with other companies, some of which have there own ShotGrid site, and it would save a lot of time to be able to transfer entities.

Ultimately there would have to be some sort of mapping instruction to be able to correlate the right fields. Moxion is doing just that when sending an onset asset to ShotGird and it’s such a bonus to be able to send takes with all metadata directly from Moxion to SG. So, in times where it’s more and more common for comanies to collaborate, I was wondering if there has been any consideration toward a similar workflow between SG sites?! Could come in handy for versions, shots, tasks/schduling etc.

For starters I would like to be able to transfer an uploaded quicktime without having to download and re-upload. Possible?

Cheers,
frank

anyone?

Hi @frank !

I don’t have a solution, but I want to leave my +1 for this feature request. And I want to add another use case for this: having a separate Shotgrid site for developers and an “easy” way of cloning production data to it would make a great staging area for development. I am always a bit concerned to work on live production data as a developer.

Cheers,
Fabian

I’d speculate that s3 buckets are limited in several ways to be accessible only to a given customer.
There’d have to be some special process to copy between different clients.

Sure, but setting up an API script is not an issue.
I would just like to avoid a download, then upload workflow as it’s both inefficient and unsafe. So a pythonic way to “send” data like an uploaded file to an external site is what I am after.
Maybe the devs could chimne in on this?

Yeah I get this. Just saying that it does require some extra work on the Shotgrid side to copy between sites, since s3 security can be a bit messy in such cases.

One of these things that are really commonly needed across the industry - like chat integrations, todo lists, budgeting - that are waiting on the todo list for way too long.