Shotgun incompatibility with mobile browser

Hi,
Shotgun on Mobile shows a message about the latest Chrome being an incompatible browser. Our users report that this issue started last week and is ongoing. It’s almost impossible to browse Shotgun pages; e.g the project page shows blank.

This issue shows on all our Android mobiles, both on the latest Chrome and Firefox.

2 Likes

Hi @Shervinion

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting this here :slight_smile:

May I confirm a few things in order to help us look into this issue further:

• Does this only appear to happen on Android devices, or do you see the same behaviour on iOS devices?
  • On your android device, just to clarify, once you get past the login screen, you can’t navigate to any other pages (are just presented with a blank page)
  • What kind of actions do most users perform on Shotgun via the mobile browser? Do you have key workflows that depend on users accessing through these devices?

Let me know how you get on and we’ll be happy to dig in further

Cheers,
Andrew

3 Likes

Hi Andrew,

• The issue is persistent across both iOS and Android devices.
  • On both devices, after logging in, we only see a blank white page.
  • Only our Production Managers use SG on mobile for basic tasks such as looking at shots remotely, check status, etc. No major work is done on mobile, ie Create Shots/Assets
    I hope this helps.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Hi @Shervinion thanks for the update there, let me run some tests with this and I’ll check what is going on. Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Andrew

2 Likes

Hi @Shervinion unfortunately Shotgun does not officially support any mobile browsers at this time. If this is something you’d like to see in the future, please visit https://www.shotgunsoftware.com/roadmap/ and click “Submit an idea”.

Sorry about that.

3 Likes