Shotgrid Menu in Unreal is not responding

Hello Everyone,

I have recently integrated shotgrid in unreal using ( ue4plugins/tk-config-unreal: Unreal Integration based on tk-config-default2 (github.com) )

I can see the Shotgrid logo inside the Unreal. However, while I’m trying to open the SG panel (Window), it is not responding. No matter how many times I click, the panel won’t open. It’s just the SG logo sitting on the menu bar.

Below is the error message that I found in the Unreal output log.

LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. Failed to parse manifest: Invalid Json Token. Line: 43 Ch: 4

LogPython: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):

LogPython: Error: File “C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Plugins/Experimental/Shotgrid/Content/Python/init_unreal.py”, line 18, in

LogPython: Error: import bootstrap

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\github\ue4plugins\tk-unreal\v1.2.0\plugins\basic\bootstrap.py”, line 13, in

LogPython: Error: plugin_bootstrap.bootstrap_plugin(plugin_root_dir)

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\github\ue4plugins\tk-unreal\v1.2.0\plugins\basic\python\tk_unreal_basic\plugin_bootstrap.py”, line 50, in bootstrap_plugin

LogPython: Error: manager.bootstrap_engine(

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\core\python\tank\bootstrap\manager.py”, line 492, in bootstrap_engine

LogPython: Error: engine = self._start_engine(tk, engine_name, entity)

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\core\python\tank\bootstrap\manager.py”, line 1218, in _start_engine

LogPython: Error: engine = tank.platform.start_engine(engine_name, tk, ctx)

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\core\python\tank\platform\engine.py”, line 3013, in start_engine

LogPython: Error: return _start_engine(engine_name, tk, None, context)

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\core\python\tank\platform\engine.py”, line 3173, in _start_engine

LogPython: Error: engine = class_obj(tk, new_context, engine_name, env)

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\github\ue4plugins\tk-unreal\v1.2.0\engine.py”, line 40, in init

LogPython: Error: Engine.init(self, *args, **kwargs)

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\core\python\tank\platform\engine.py”, line 198, in init

LogPython: Error: self.pre_app_init()

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\github\ue4plugins\tk-unreal\v1.2.0\engine.py”, line 89, in pre_app_init

LogPython: Error: self.init_qt_app()

LogPython: Error: File “\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\github\ue4plugins\tk-unreal\v1.2.0\engine.py”, line 109, in init_qt_app

LogPython: Error: from sgtk.platform.qt5 import QtWidgets

LogPython: Error: ImportError: cannot import name ‘QtWidgets’ from ‘tank.platform.qt5’ (\hyd\unreal\sgconfig\sgtest\install\core\python\tank\platform\qt5_init_.py)

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,

Hi @Donikena

I am on the same page. Have you been able to fix the error?

I tried to update the pyside, but it did not work.
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\Python3\Win64

python.exe -m pip install PySide2

Thanks,
Ricardo

You’ll need to integrate the bootstrap script in this repository.

Follow the instructions in the readme:

Thanks @Ricardo_Musch

I tried to use the tk-framework-unrealqt_v1.3.0, but it doesn’t exist…
The instructions were weird for me…

The solution I came up with was to change the frameworks to v1.2.3, use the tank to update frameworks and cache and install Pyside 2 within the Unreal App.

# unrealqt - PySide build for Unreal
  tk-framework-unrealqt_v1.x.x:
      repository: tk-framework-unrealqt
      version: v1.2.3
      type: github_release
  1. I enabled the Shotgrid, Python Foundation Packages and Python Automation Test Plugins into Shotgrid.

2. I Installed Pyside2 within the Unreal App.

run cmd as Administrator

cd "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\Python3\Win64"
python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip

cd Scripts
pip install pyside2

I loaded Unreal through of Shotgrid App. Done.

Thanks

That may be a workaround but the proper way is to cahce the framework and and add the bootstrapmmethod to enable just in time downloads from the git repo which has a build for each operationg system.

The readme explains it in more detail.