ShotGrid and Roadmap

Hi SG!

With the announcement of Shotgun becoming ShotGrid, what does this mean for the roadmap and the resource planning and generative scheduling features? Will they still be released?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Astrid

9 Likes

Hi Astrid -

Wanted to let you know more information regarding the roadmap will be made available soon, so thanks for your patience

2 Likes

Roadmaps are hard to write on Monday morning when your parent company decides at 5pm on a Friday you’re on the wrong road.

My best wishes for the Shotgun Team to cope with these abrupt changes. Life would be boring without these potholes.

2 Likes

hey there - reviving this topic since AI is all the rage now, is SG planning on ever releasing generative scheduling? A number of studios and other software packages are talking about doing this now and I can’t help but think where SG would be now if they had it in their product a year or two ago.

For new comers, the following link used to have 3 tabs Launched, In Progress~, and Considering~ (If memory serves me correctly), though now it only shows what has been Launched: https://www.shotgridsoftware.com/roadmap/ :frowning:

The feature in question is explained here: ShotGrid: Developing for the Future - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks Halil - Yeah it would be amazing to get an update on this. My current studio is really wanting ML-powered scheduling, and I was sure SG would have had this already - but alas no.