Shift Up/Down to Shotgrid Versions From Same Pipeline Step

Hi,

Currently when using the Shift Up/Down arrow keys with RV and SG integration, it moves up or down a version in the timeline of the loaded version as per the “Related Versions”. However, I want to restrict this to the currently loaded version’s pipeline step only. So, If I have loaded the comp version then I would like to load its newer or older versions rather than any other pipeline steps that may happen to be published in the timeline.

I tried to filter only the comp pipeline step but it does not affect the hotkey’s behavior as it seems to be looking up the related versions timeline rather than what’s loaded in the RV SG Browser timeline.

-Sachin

This probably is a custom short key as it does not appear in the official list from Autodesk’s documentation.
The pipe team will probably have to tweak the code which was implemented to lock the pipeline step you’re presently viewing assuming that each step have their independent versioning.

This has been implemented in studios like Dneg with their custom navigators instead of the default SG option.

Hope this helps…
Do correct or update me if anything seems like an outdated info.

This is driving me crazy too, but I don’t have a pipeline team to lean on. Anyone got any tips on making this specific customisation without having to read the whole book on RV?