Script user and user restrictions

Is there a way to add a script user to a User Restrictions list of a Software entity? I’m attempting to do the mayapy dance so we can bootstrap tk-maya on the command line but I don’t want to expose it to the floor yet. It seems I can only add people and groups to the user restrictions list.

I’m trying to scour the permissions for script user groups but have not identified a permission that would open this up.

Thanks for any insight.
Tom

You want to hide the software entity from normal users?
Try adding “Shotgun Support” as the restricted user.

Yes, for now I only want the mayapy application available to script users.
Unfortunately, your suggestion did not solve this. But thanks!

I’m not sure I understand what you mean then.

If you don’t want to show a software entity to any user then restricting the user to a user like shotgun support will make it not show for anyone else.

Otherwise I’m not sure what you mean.

I see where you’re coming from. Yes, adding Shotgun Support to the restricted users list would make it unavailable to other users. However, the issue I’m facing is that the “mayapy” application is inaccessible to script users if the restricted users list is populated.

My initial assumption was that script users do not face restrictions the same way regular users do. It seems my assumption was incorrect. I hope to have get this clarified in an open support ticket. I will follow up here if I get an answer.

1 Like