Release: shotgunDropper for Hiero

Hi,
When I run the tank cache_apps, I receive that output:

1 Like

App settings.rtm-tk-hiero-shotgunDropper (Engine tk-hiero) - Downloading…
ERROR: Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\jjuan\Documents\Shotgun\configs\atrapasuenos\install\core\python\tank\descriptor\io_descriptor\git.py”, line 129, in _clone_then_execute_git_commands
output = _check_output([“git”, “–version”])
File “C:\Users\jjuan\Documents\Shotgun\configs\atrapasuenos\install\core\python\tank\descriptor\io_descriptor\git.py”, line 51, in _check_output
return subprocess_check_output(*args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\jjuan\Documents\Shotgun\configs\atrapasuenos\install\core\python\tank\util\process.py”, line 68, in subprocess_check_output
**kwargs
File “C:\Program Files\Shotgun\Python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 390, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “C:\Program Files\Shotgun\Python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 640, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado
ERROR: Failed to download into path
C:\Users\jjuan\Documents\Shotgun\configs\atrapasuenos\install\tmp\d51f778c701f445bb3b08d86e70d3df3:
Could not download
https://github.com/RicardoMusch/rtm-tk-hiero-shotgunDropper.git, tag v0.2:
Cannot execute the ‘git’ command. Please make sure that git is installed on
your system and that the git executable has been added to the PATH…

1 Like

Ah!
You need to make sure you have GIT installed on your system.

https://git-scm.com/

2 Likes

Eureka! Thanks, I achieve to download the app, and now I see the ShotgunDropper like other app in my work area inside Hiero.

But, It doesn’t work with SG, I try to drag a version or a playlist into my hiero’s project but nothing happens.

I have Hiero v12.1v3 and SG v8.14.0.4800.

Do you think is it possible to be not compatible with ShotgunDropper?

Many thanks for your tracing & your help.

1 Like

Does your version have a path_to_frames?

Hello, Sorry for the late reply,
I create a playlist to my SG project and add the path_to_frame and it WORK !!! THX

I could not achieve to drag the version from SG to Hiero, SG do not allow me to clic on the version and drag it.
Is it impossible because I have a trial version of SG?

I read that you will increase the shotgunDropper with a Hiero tag with the Shotgun Shot Status (It seems very very interesting!!)

Regards,

1 Like

So it works for a Playlist you mean?

So you mean it doesn’t work for a Version itself but does for a Playlist?
You can drag a version by grabbing the version name link like so:

(Drag it to Hiero instead)

I am planning a bit of a rewrite indeed! But as always… as time permits :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all –

@Ricardo_Musch, thanks for sharing this awesome app. A few months late (doh!), but I’ve added it to the Community Shared Integrations page. Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Tannaz!

I’ll be doing a major revamp of this soon to make it a multi-app as it is usefull for multiple dcc’s

3 Likes

Awesome! Let me know if/when I need to update any info on that page :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Ricardo_Musch good job, how is going on the major DCC’s release, we can help on something?
All the best!

Hi All
interested in using this, does it work with Movies? Or is it just frames? If yes how is it configured to use them?

Thanks
Simon

1 Like

Hi Simon,

in it’s current state it prefers frames over movies but if no frames exist in the sg_path_to_frames it will load the movie.

I have been planning more functionality and refactoring for it, but time…

Thanks for the quick reply Ricardo. We always have both filled in, ideally would want to be able to do either as for quick reviews we only need movies but for a full qc would use the frames.

@Ricardo_Musch Thank you for your efforts creating this app!! I’m just trying it out but it looks promising :slight_smile:

1 Like