Question About External RV Shotgun Publishing

So… I am building a package inside RV 7.8 that will do a shotgun publish as part of it’s process, the issue is I have a pre-built module that handles importing tank, and doing a register_publish, using “tank.util.register_publish”…
This module works great outside of RV, and used to work great inside RV (6.2<) however now I get a serious trace-back list of conflicts with pyside2 messageBoxs??? is there a good way to just suppress this warning stack? because the code works great, the publish shows up, and its a valid publish… I am really trying to avoid the new rv.commands.sendEvent(sg-initialize) command because that adds a serious 40-60sec load time delay… that I just really don’t want inside this tool.

Any help, or tips are appreciated :smiley:
-Ross

2 Likes

Hi Ross,

Thanks for writing in to community.

I’ve seen this error once before and it had to do with conflicting PySide installations and environments, is it possible you have conflicting Qt/PySide/PySide2 environments in your PYTHONPATH?

-Kessler

2 Likes

Right, I was afraid of that, that is sorta the point I am adding the proper project configuration path so I can instantiate a tank object with the correct project so the register publish will publish using that projects configuration…I guess i’ll have to clean the PYTHONPATH prior to doing this… it’s odd though because I did not have to do this in RV 6.2 are you now including something new in the PYTHONPATH that wasn’t present in prior RV versions?

This error is also present if I just try a raw tank import without appending any project/studio specific pipeline-configuration paths… Which i know will go away if I use the new
rv.commands. sendInternalEvent("external-sgtk-initialize")
but this really isn’t practical… it adds a 40-50secs load time, that initialize function is just too heavy for what im trying to do…

I’ll try and clean the PYTHONPATH of any python-api’s that are present so that I can use the one inside the correct project…hopefully I don’t get the error…cause like I said a tank import with nothing added to PYTHONPATH or sys.path results in the error as well… it’s almost like now I cannot import tank without first using that external-sgtk command…:frowning:
-Ross

1 Like

6.2 was built on Qt4 and 7.5+ is build on Qt5 (and PySide2).

There’s also a lot of library updates between the two as well. Let me know if you find any conflicts in your PYTHONPATH.
-Kessler

1 Like