Project Configuration Support

Hi,

I currently don’t see a way to set up a webhook that listens for “Shotgun_ProjectConfiguration_Update”. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you

3 Likes

Hi @echao,

Did you mean PipelineConfiguration? Or maybe, on your site, you have an administrator that configured a custom entity to be called ProjectConfiguration.

Either way, at the bottom of the Add Webhook dialog box there should be a Trigger when these fields change section which should allow you to specify which fields updates should trigger the Webhook.

In the example above, if the Project field of a PipelineConfiguration record changes, the webhook will be triggered.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.

1 Like

Hey @bouchep! :wave:t4:

I’m working with @echao on this, and the goal is to trigger an action when a Project Template is applied (or re-applied) to a project. We initially looked at the Event Logs and saw the “Shotgun_ProjectConfiguration_Update” Event Type as a reliable signal we could key off.

Since this initial post, we’ve added the Project’s “Layout Template” field to our webhooks “Trigger when these fields change” setting. This works when applying a new Project Template to a project. However, often we are applying a revised template (Proj Template A) to an existing project that already has Proj Template A in the Project’s “Layout Template” field… so it doesn’t trigger the webhook (since the “Layout Template” field value isn’t actually changing).

Any suggestions on how to solve this use case?

Stephen

1 Like

I understand your situation a bit better now. Thanks.

Give me a bit to dig into this and I’ll get back to you.

3 Likes

Hi @Stephen,

So… Hmmm… This is going to be pretty anticlimactic.

After doing some under the hood digging, I understand what’s going on and why it’s not working. On top of that, I don’t have a workaround for you.

So, what’s going on is that even though you see events with an event_type of Shotgun_ProjectConfiguration_Update, their attribute_name fields are empty.

The webhook trigger you are seeing is when the Project entity has it’s layout_template field changed. A Shotgun_Project_Change event is created with an attribute of layout_template. Unfortunately, when the template is reapplied, even though there is a new Shotgun_ProjectConfiguration_Update (which can’t trigger a webhook), you don’t get a new Shotgun_Project_Change event because the field’s value hasn’t changed.

Your situation is not supported, but I don’t know if it is voluntarily by design, involuntarily by design or just a blind spot. I’ll run it up the flagpole with @zoe.glynn .

Sorry, I don’t have better news for you.

1 Like

:joy: All good Patrick, appreciate the digging! We do have a workaround in place to accommodate the specific business problem we’re solvimg for (which is creating another webhook for watching for page creation, which happens when new Proj Templates are applied). Hacky, but working. Long story short, we should be good for now!

Stephen

1 Like

I had a conversation with the Webhooks crew and there are plans to get a bit more parity with the kind of events that the EventDaemon can handle but we’re not quite there yet. I’m happy you have a workaround as it might be a while still before we get to said parity.

Have a great weekend, Stephen.

1 Like