People Page notification fields vs. Account Settings > Email notifications

The below shows which “Subscribe to” email notification fields on the People Page relate to the email notification settings under your Account Settings:

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS:

These options relate to GLOBAL FOLLOW SETTINGS and the notifications you receive through following and the CLIENT REVIEW SITE.

Subscribe to my Inbox Note emails
= Email me whenever I receive a note.

Subscribe to my Inbox Update emails
= Email me whenever there’s an update to something I’m following.

(Inbox is the Inbox in Shotgun, not your email Inbox. Checking this ON will give you Shotgun Inbox notifications and also email them to you)

MORE NOTIFICATION OPTIONS:

These options relate to LEGACY Email notifications, before the Inbox and Following existed, pre SG 5.0. These are unrelated to a user’s Global Follow Settings

Subscribe to My Notes Emails
= Email me about Notes that I’m involved in (those that I’ve created or replied to, or where I’m a recipient).

Subscribe to My Task Emails
= Email me about Tasks that I’m involved in (those that I’m assigned to or CC’d on).

Subscribe to My Tickets Emails
= Email me about Tickets that I’m involved in (those that I’ve created or replied to, or where I’m a recipient).

Subscribe to My Delivery Emails
= Email me about Deliveries that I’m involved in (those that I’ve created or replied to, or where I’m a recipient).

Subscribe to My Version Emails
= Email me whenever a new Version is created on something I’m working on (where I have an assigned Task).

Subscribe to Version Emails for CC’d Link
= Email me whenever a new Version is created on something that I am CC’d on.

HOT TIP:
It’s best to use one system or the other, Global Follow email notifications OR Legacy. If you use both, you may cause users to get 2 notifications for some of the same updates in their email. Legacy style covers most user needs and is simple to manage. We recommend trying this first. Following is a great option if users are familiar with Shotgun and comfortable managing their Follow Settings and which entities they Follow.

Related Reading: Inbox and Following - please note verbiage on the Account Settings > Email Notifications page has changed slightly but the functionality is still the same.

3 Likes