Overlay Player - Loop by Default?

Hi,

Is there a way to set a default for the new Loop Current feature on the Overlay Player?
I already searched in several places with no luck

Cheers,
—Doc

1 Like

Hey @doc! Do you mean set default for a you as a user or for all users on the site?

For the former, it used to be persistent to whatever you set it as. Don’t think it’s possible as a site-wide thing.

I asked around and will report back when I have more info.

Hi @johnny.duguid

I think if each user can set a default for them that’s enough, but I believe it is not working this way either. Thanks

Hi all,

somebody in my team just said that in the last few days the overlay player no longer loops by default. I know there is a button for this but we were wondering if and why the default behaviour has changed?!

Cheers,
frank

2 Likes

Hi @frank,

Thanks for posting it on the community. Yes, the Loop default is set to OFF since SG 8.5.2 and conversations are going on internally with regard to how to improve the UX for our clients.

I believe that my colleagues will jump in and give more information here. Please stay tuned.

Cheers,
Ben

1 Like

Hi Frank,

If you haven’t heard yet, this was an unintentional change that was pushed out due to some updates we are making to looping in general.

This should be all fixed up in the next business day or 2. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!

Cheers,
Beth

5 Likes

Hey @frank, @Ben_xzj, and @Beth—I’ve merged your overlay player thread with this one from @doc as they’re the same thing.

@doc—FYI on the reply from @Beth: looks like a regression that will be addressed soon. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Great, thanks guys!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Meanwhile I was using the “L” shortcut as a workaround, hehe.

4 Likes

I’ve found that if you open the Screening Room app, set the player to “loop all” and then close, everything will loop by default if you open anything else, even if you close and open your browser again. Hopefully this helps for the time being!

4 Likes

A hot patch was pushed out that should resolve this issue. Details can be found on our status page under the Past Incidents section.

Be aware—the loop default settings are a persistent setting that’s stored in your brower’s local storage. So you may need to clear your cache and cookies for your site to get the default state.

Shout out to @doc for calling out the l keyboard shortcut. Very helpful!

P.S. - if you didn’t know about our status page, it’s a great way to stay informed about Shotgun performance info, updates, and incident reporting. Plus, you can subscribe and get updates directly into your inbox.

6 Likes

thanks! I already got a note from a very happy cg artist about it this morning.

6 Likes

:partying_face:

2 Likes