Overlay Player - hotkey to jump between entity versions?

Hi all,

the “n” and “p” hotkeys enable you to jump to the next or previous version of the underlying page. However, are there any hotkeys that enable you to cycle versions of the currently viewed entity regardless of the underlying page?
Example:
When launching the overlay player from the shots page, “n” and “p” cycle the latest versions for the shots, but I’d like to be able quickly jump to the versions of the current shot instead. Possible or do I have to click my way there via the details pane?

Cheers,
frank

1 Like

Hey @frank - don’t think this is supported. The player is using the underneath page as a semi-hierarchy.

Clicking through is your best option.

ok, thanks

1 Like

Hey Frank,

As Johnny says, it’s a context aware player, one option rather than using the details pane/related versions to jump to other versions on the same shot, you could launch the overlay player from the Versions tab on a Shot detail page, this way the n and p keys would jump between versions on the same shot. Only downside is that you have to launch the overlay player for every new shot.

Could be a good feature request?

1 Like

Hi David,

yeah I figured as much. However, I kinda want both :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I will log a feature request as it seems a little bit of a missing piece to me.

Cheers,
frank

1 Like

Sorry to hijack this thread but by overlay player, do you guys mean the player that opens when I click a thumbnail? Or is this a new player I’ve missed somewhere? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yup - that’s the one! It’s the player that overlays the page. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi All, I see this query was from 4 years ago, have we made any progress on this feature request?