Multiple Departments for Resource Planning

Hi everyone,

We are currently testing the Resource Planning feature on ShotGrid. I’ve collected a few questions regarding the feature:

• Is it possible to change the department field to a multi-entity field to allow a HumanUser entity to have multiple departments? This could be really valuable for us because sometimes we have artists that do both Design and Compositing.
  • If possible, would this break anything? Such as connecting the Pipeline Steps and Departments.
  • Would the Resource Planning feature work with a multi-entity field for Department? Or can it only use the single-entity field for Department?

I hope these questions make sense.

Kind regards,
Ademir

Hi @Ademir! I think that this thread might have the information that you’re looking for: Resource Planning Setup - Why can't I map multiple Departments to a single Pipeline Step?

Let me know if not and I’ll see if we can find answers to your questions.

Hi, we are also looking into the resource planning functionality in SG and have the same questions as Ademir’s query above.

The thread linked by kelc is about Pipeline steps, and does not answer my questions. I am looking to share one user across multiple departments (and ideally have that user’s capacity still be accurately represented in the crew planner).