Introductions!

amazing lead, thank you!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Naren! :wave:t2:

3 Likes

Hello, I run the game design/production program at Drexel Univ in Philadelphia, PA, USA.

I also coordinate the digital media department senior project, where I heard about Shotgun from the animation/vfx side. Now I want to introduce it to all senior projects as another tool in their kit.

Before academia, I was a creative lead for a motion simulation company that did aerospace training/sim and entertainment (think theme parks and museums). Human centrifuges, altitude chambers, ejection seat trainers, etc.

Iā€™m generally an idiot and am a lifelong Cubs fan, born and raised in Chicago. Only two of those three things are related.

16 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Charles!

I worked for different compagnies ( VFX, movies, series ) as a pipeline TD in paris and montreal.
I share with you my github repo:

And this one to have a schema db sg graphicaly:

Iā€™m looking for a job in Paris or Canada

my resume :
http://edl2excel.com/cv2019.pdf

Best regards.

12 Likes

Hi everyone! I am Eric, a Montreal-based software developer in the Shotgun team. I work on SG Create as well as on RV. In both cases, I am reponsible for the rendering engines (RVā€™s rendering graph + SG Createā€™s Player).

Before joining the great Shotgun team about 3 years ago, Iā€™ve worked for 12+ years in the (also amazing) Flame team, more specifically in the Batch rendering pipeline.

I look forward to meet people from the community and learn from them!

Cheers,

Eric

17 Likes

Hello dear readers/contributors/clients/colleagues,

Iā€™m Patrick, one of the many Autodesk software developers trying our hardest to make Shotgun the best product on the market (as an employee, I am actually paid to say that :slight_smile: )

I have been working on Shotgun for the last 5 years. I do contribute to web application, RV and the Toolkitā€¦ focusing on server side work. But I am also involved with the SSO integration and links to Autodesk services.

Looking forward to helping out !

-Patrick

19 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: First two questions I have about Shotgun

Hi Charles! Just wanted to mention that we have a jobs tag for posts related to job search. You may want to create a separate post with your job-search info and add the jobs tag to get the right eyes on it.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m Astrid and Iā€™ve been at Shotgun for 7 years and Iā€™m the Shotgun APAC Program Manager. Before Shotgun, I worked in VFX and animation production as a coordinator and a general 3D artist. I love helping our clients work on their incredible projects and help make their lives easier!

Iā€™m also a published author and have been on leave for the past 6 months to promote my debut Young Adult fantasy novel, Four Dead Queens. If youā€™re interested, you can check out more here, including my next novel!: website

Iā€™m so happy to be back and rejoin this amazing community!

Cheers,
Astrid

17 Likes

YAY! Astridā€™s back!

4 Likes

Hello All,
I am Anoop, currently working as Pipeline Supervisor at Tau Films, a visual effects studio with offices in Hyderabad, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles, and Beijing. I am also an XR enthusiast.
Before Tau Films, I was associated with Dreamworks Animation as well as Rhythm and Hues Studios.
At Tau Films, I have been spearheading our studio pipeline development based on Shotgun since 2015 and recently won the Pipeline shotty award for the slack integration that we did for our studio, along with my colleague Kushagra Mehta.

Looking forward to learning and sharing more with you all.

17 Likes

Hey Anoop! So nice to see you here! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome @aka_anoop ! Congratulations on the shotty_award :smile:

4 Likes

Hello,

I am Brian Kirchdoerfer, Senior CG Artist at WarnerMedia Studios (formerly Turner Studios) in Atlanta, GA, USA. I have been working there since 2002. We first used Shotgun in 2012 when we worked on episodic VFX for two concurrent shows. After those wrapped we stopped using Shotgun until late last year. In addition to acting as a CG Lead on various projects, I have a keen interest in improving our pipeline and workflow. I am thrilled to be using SG again and getting out of the spreadsheet dark ages.

Since we service a variety of network partners (clients) in the WarnerMedia landscape, we work on a very broad range of projects. My focus is mostly on sports broadcast packaging, which generates an immense amount of animation and composite deliverables. We are in the process of getting SG implemented for those sports projects and also spreading it out to other project types.
I look forward to learning more from this community about how best to utilize SG for our needs.

Cheers,
-Brian

11 Likes

Hi, Brian! Nice to see you again. :wave:

1 Like

Hello,

I am Linda, the newest street team member joining the band with a high motivation to support you with your daily production battles:).

I have been working in ADSK for over 1,5 years now, but prior to joining the company, I was keeping myself busy as a producer, account manager in a small media production studio, plus freelancing and supporting several interesting visual projects.
I am a newbie in the SG community but just amazed by the tool and looking forward to the coming adventures in this superb team. :smiley:

I am a native Estonian ( a small northern European country, with a very strange language and tiny population :slight_smile: , but I have been living for the last 10 years in Barcelona, Spain, so there are now 2 places I can call :house:
I am also a van life promoter & nature addict. I usually spend most of my weekends out from the city, hiking or chasing the wind and waves, so please feel free to reach out to ask or share some travel tips & stories :wink:

Happy to be here!
Cheers,
Linda

14 Likes

Hallo!
Iā€™m Xavier, the newest pedestrian on this Street :slight_smile:
3D generalist turned animator, that got chewed inside animation mentor and luckily rescued by Shotgun in 2010 thanks to a smart producer (he is in this forum tooā€¦). We were spitting AA and AAA products at very high quality, one after the other thanks to how Shotgun was integrated between us.
Since then I refuse to work in any collaborative environment that does not have a consistent pipeline. I know I will be wasting my time and health in it, no thanks, Iā€™ve seen what it is like to work in smart ways and now I canā€™t return to the dark ages of production that still so many endeavours are stuck in.

Iā€™m here because I want to educate and involve myself a lot more directly with Shotgun, Iā€™m going to need it in my toolbox wherever I go.
I donā€™t think any producer can today be efficient and competitive without it, youā€™ll be behind from day one.

I look forward to know you, learn as much as possible, and get things done.

-Xavs.

ps: the way this forum is organised is awesome too, I love to see how the shotgun team puts time and effort on everything.

14 Likes

Hey Xavs,
Welcome to the forums!

3 Likes

Hello everyone !
I am Sarah and I work as a developer at Small Dots, a CG Studio from RCD Except in the Paris area, in France, since 3 months now.
I really like CG and before that, I have worked on few AR/VR projects related to automotive and medecine.
I started working on Shotgun very recently and I find it very interesting to use.
I like the amount of customization that is possible and I canā€™t wait to learn more from the Shotgun Team and this community about how to take the most of what the software can offer.

Happy to join the Shotgun community !

Cheers,

Sarah

13 Likes

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to the forums!

5 Likes