Important Maintenance Notification

Important Maintenance Notification (Updated)

September 15 Update : The End date of this maintenance has been pushed from September 22nd to October 2nd.

Dear SG Community,
We want to inform you about an upcoming back-end infrastructure upgrade that will improve the security and reliability of the ShotGrid service. The upgrade is scheduled to take place over multiple days from 2023-08-31T08:00:00Z to 2023-10-02T16:00:00Z as we gradually update each site in small batches. We don’t anticipate any impact to your ShotGrid site’s functionality, but there is a possibility that some users might have to log back in after the upgrade process. All the data and settings in your site will remain unchanged.

Maintenance window:

Start: 2023-08-31T08:00:00Z
End: 2023-10-02T16:00:00Z

What does this mean for my site?

• We expect no disruption to ShotGrid sites during this maintenance window.

What does this mean for SG users?

• Users may be logged out, and then prompted to log back in. This may happen a couple of times during the maintenance window, so don’t be alarmed if users are asked to log back in more than once.

What does this mean for scripts accessing SG?

• Like users, scripts may lose their session token and need to go through the authentication again.

Why the upgrade is essential:

This infrastructure upgrade is crucial to maintaining the high level of service you expect from ShotGrid. If you have any concerns or questions about the upgrade, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team. Thank you for your understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to improve your experience.

3 Likes

Hello,

Can you tell me how long the update rollout takes, please?

Hello,

We’re having troubles connecting with both human and script input (502 Bad Gateway). Is the maintainance actually running or is it something else ?

There is also this event ShotGrid Status - Service Degradation - ShotGrid
Not sure if it is related to the maintenance.

After updating and re-logging into my account, the tabnails for some assets disappeared

Hi all, some details about yesterday maintenance. As we were proceeding with the maintenance, we started observing a higher that usual rate of errors. When the abnormal behavior was observed, we decided to stop the maintenance and take time to put mitigation measure in place before continuing. We are now currently adapting our procedure so there errors don’t occur for the remaining of the maintenance operation. A new maintenance window will be announced soon on the ShotGrid Status Page.
If you’re still experiencing issues after re-logging in to ShotGrid or clearing your browser cookies and cache, please reach out to support.

4 Likes

Thanks, Guillaume. This was certainly causing a lot of disruption for us, so I’m glad to hear you’re taking extra steps to mitigate whatever was causing it.

1 Like

This maintenance will be resumed, details here