Important Maintenance Notification (resuming last week's maintenance)

Important Maintenance Notification

Dear SG Community,

We will resume the maintenance (update from 8.54 to 8.55) that we started on September 28th. The maintenance was paused due to unexpected disruptions. Actions have been taken to prevent the observed disruptions from happening again. Sites will be updated individually during the maintenance window starting October 10th to October 20th 2023.

What does this mean for my site?

• We expect no disruption to ShotGrid sites during this new maintenance window. Users already on 8.55 are not included in this maintenance.

What does this mean for SG users?

• Users should not be disrupted while working during this update. Improvements to prevent session expirations have been made to prevent disruptions.

What does this mean for scripts accessing SG?

• Disruptions to running scripts should be minimal during this update. Requests may punctually fail during the maintenance window. We highly recommend that your API is at a recent version–older versions are less resilient to service interruptions.

Why the update is essential:

• This infrastructure update is critical to maintaining the high level of service you expect from ShotGrid. If you have any concerns or questions about the update, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team. Thank you for your understanding.
1 Like

Thanks, Eric! Are there any details regarding what is being upgraded, exactly? When I asked support they were unable to provide that information.

Hi Brandon!
Your site is already on 8.55 so during this new maintenance window you will only have critical fixes that we did recently and we will continue to do during this period, nothing else.
I hope that clarifies?

I was more interested in what’s new in this 8.55 release that necessitated these maintenance windows. There’s currently nothing listed in the Release Notes page for 8.55.

Hi Brandon, 8.55 is an update of Rails (that we use in our server code) to a new major version. There is no user facing changes. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Ah, that’s big! And explains the delicacy of the operation. Thanks for the info :).

Yes big indeed! Thanks for your understanding!

1 Like