How do I add Unreal integration to an existing Toolkit config?

The instructions on Unreal’s website for setting up the Shotgun integration are for downloading a full config that includes Unreal. But in a lot of cases, people just want to add the Unreal integration to an existing config, rather than having to pull down Unreal’s config in its entirety. Here’s how you do it:

First, make the following changes in your config:

Once you’ve made the above config changes, run the following command from your pipeline configuration’s root directory:

./tank cache_apps

That should do the trick.

Relevant links:

5 Likes

Hi @tannaz,

I did try the above steps with the latest of everything and it fails with the following error:

ERROR: Include error. Could not resolve references for
***\config\env\.\includes\settings\tk-unreal.yml:
Undefined Reference settings.tk-multi-publish2.unreal.project!

I updated config/env/includes/settings/tk-multi-publish2.yml accordingly, issued tank cache_apps which yielded some other errors. Rinse and repeat the process a few times and the extra list of files to update is as follows:

Only then the apps download and are cached correctly.

3 Likes

Hello again!

Ah I see I think our steps above miss out adding the following lines to the tk-multi-publish2.yml:

I’ve updated the original post above to include some additional files you need to check. It’s not just the publish app, but also the loader and panel apps as well.

3 Likes

Ah, thanks guys for catching those missing bits and fixing the post!

2 Likes

The framework configure missing.

Add the following lines to frameworks.yml

# unrealqt - PySide build for Unreal (Windows-only)
tk-framework-unrealqt_v1.x.x:
    organization: ue4plugins
    repository: tk-framework-unrealqt
    version: v1.0.0

After the file is modified. Run tank cache_apps to cache all new added apps/engines/frameworks.

3 Likes

Good catch, Loney! Thank you! Added that file to the original post.

1 Like

Hi, i done every thing like you write above. But still cannot get “publish” in shotgun menu at the top. Only by clikcing RMB on any of assets. Do anybody have idea what could I done wrong?

2 Likes

Hi @Kemot

Can you reproduce the issue you’re seeing, and send us a copy of tk-unreal.log from the appropriate directory for your operating system ? You can send it in a direct message to me. Hopefully that will give us some insight. If not, I may have you share your configuration with us. Thanks!

2 Likes

Also: some of the hooks in Epic’s configuration are out of date copies.

3 Likes

For the “config/env/includes/engine_locations.yml” step, should we update it to this?

engines.tk-unreal.location:
version: v1.2.0
type: github_release
organization: ue4plugins
repository: tk-unreal

Has this been updated to work with latest Shotgrid and Unreal 5.1?

This file doesn’t exist
https://github.com/ue4plugins/tk-config-unreal/blob/master/env/includes/settings/tk-unreal.yml

Unreal 5.0, see updates and releases made by GPL Technologies:

1 Like