Getting shotgrid working with Blender 3.0?

I think the issue is the depreciation of the MutableMapping imported from collections rather than collections.abc

I’ve tested changing the import in
install\app_store\tk-multi-publish2\v2.6.3\python\tk_multi_publish2\api\data.py
to

import collections.abc as collections

and the tk-multi-publish2 app is initialized correctly

2 Likes

@lozo_lbx, “import collections.abc as collections” worked for me as well.

Thank you sooooo much for posting this solution!

1 Like

I have the same issue in Blender 3.5, I hope anyone can help. @Diego_Garcia_Huerta please help. I’ve already set the env variable SGTK_COMPATIBILITY_DIALOG_SHOWN =1, and set PYSIDE2_PYTHONPATY = C:\Python39\Lib\site-packages\PySide2, but it still not work.

Error Message:
ImportError: cannot import name 'QtGui' from 'tank.platform.qt' (C:\Users/clamp/AppData/Roaming/Shotgun/vertpipe/p155c67.basic.desktop/cfg/install/core/python\tank\platform\qt\__init__.py)

Update: Finally, I found the repository: zagpat/tk-blender: Shotgun Toolkit Engine for Blender: https://www.blender.org/ (github.com), great thanks to zagpat.

I’m facing the same issue; I can’t use the dialogs. I’m using Rocky Linux 9 and PySide, which has been installed into Blender (standalone) using pip, installed within Blender’s integrated Python. However, there are no error messages in the log. PySide2 seems to be functioning properly, as tested in the console.

Hello @zavinator ,

I’m also on Rocky Linux. I managed to make it work by changing the QtWindowEventLoop in Shotgun_menu.py.
As I’m not very familiar with UI in Blender, I don’t know if this is the right way to do it but at least it works. The modified file is attached. Shotgun_menu.py (8.0 KB)

Cheers,
Louise

1 Like

Thanks, it works!
EDIT: Small bug fix - when the user uses startup.blend it will not call startup function.

def register():
    #load_factory_startup_post.append(startup)
    bpy.app.handlers.load_post.append(startup) # this works when a user has startup.blend