First time setting up Shotgun and I have this error

First time installing Shotgun, opened the project and got this. Console says nothing about the error.

2 Likes

Hi @aoakenfo – well, that’s a bummer thing to see the first time you launch Desktop.

The error shows me that you have a PipelineConfiguration entity in your Shotgun site that’s pointing to a configuration on disk for the “Stale” project, but that the path to that config is not valid.

Can you tell me more about the steps you’ve taken thus far? Did you create a config for the Stale project? Did you make any changes to the PipelineConfiguration entities in your Shotgun site? I’d love to take a look at your site – if you could DM me the URL for your Shotgun site, I’ll see what you have set up.

3 Likes

I’m unable to send you a direct message.

If you click on my username above my most recent reply, it should pop up a small bio, with a blue “Message” button on the left side. Here’s what I see when I click on your usernname:

If that doesn’t work, you can go ahead and email support@shotgunsoftware.com and reference the URL for this post.

nooption

I don’t have that button. I guess I’ll send an email…

Apologies for the confusion! It turns out that you gain “trust” as you use these forums, as an attempt to trip up spammers, and trust level 0 is not yet able to send direct messages. We’ve bumped you up to trust level 1 so it doesn’t get in the way again, but I got your email, too. Sorry for the runaround!

Having said that, I took a look at your site, and it looks like, as we’d guess from the error, the Pipeline Configuration entity for the project is pointing to D:\Program Files\Shotgun\Configurations as the path to the config on Windows. My guess is that this is not the correct path. Can you confirm that the config actually exists there? If you have a folder like D:\Program Files\Shotgun\Configurations\<project_name>, you’ll want to specify that value for the Windows Path field on the Pipeline Configuration entity.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Is this because my co-worker ran the installer with a centralized location?

centralizedsetup

1 Like

It’s very possible! The centralized setup expects everyone using it to have access to a shared location on disk from which they access the config. With distributed, you upload a zip of your config to your Shotgun site, and it’s cached locally for every user.

1 Like

Switching to Distributed works.

Thanks.

2 Likes