Different aspect ratios in playlist images

Hi all,

I am having a bit of trouble with the aspect ratios when trying to review playlists in shotgrid create.

Aspect ratios don’t seem to fill in automatically on version fields for assets, but it looks like this is causing issues when reviewing in shotgrid create.

What I’m seeing is a few images and videos within the playlist look fine and the right ratio, but others in the playlist will be stretched and distorted (I assume because their source ratio is different to the others within the playlist)

Anybody know any fixes for this? Would I have to go over each version and input each aspect ratio? That seems like a lot of work considering a lot of artists on the project are using different image ratios.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Lauren!

Shotgrid Create supports mixed frame aspect ratios, even in playlists. You should not have to input each version’s frame aspect ratio. If you leave those fields empty, Shotgrid Create will honor the media’s frame aspect ratio (stored in the media’s metadata, directly in the media files). The Version’s “Frames Aspect Ratio” field can be used to override the media’s metadata, but leaving it empty should work just fine.

Are you using mixed codecs? Have you noticed if a specific codec (or any pattern) causes this issue?

Can you share an example of file that, when uploaded to Shotgrid, put in a Playlist and looked at through Shotgrid Create will exhibit the issue? That would simplify debugging it.

Thanks,
Eric

1 Like

I’m experiencing this issue as well. No matter what the arrangement is, it takes the aspect ratio of the bottom version in the playlist. Mixed formats include screenshot png, prores mov, and h264 mp4. Any advice?

Thank you!
Andrew

I submitted this to Support and they admitted that it’s a problem and have a ticket in their internal system. The problem with that is that it feels like a black hole. They have informed me they are treating this as a change request. Really it should be a bug that needs to be fixed. But I don’t work there.

1 Like

I get the same with a bunch of images. They all have the aspect of the last image and they are all different aspects. This is still broken.
I’m on windows 10

I get the following errors in the console in RV
ERROR: cannot open movie plugin C:/Program Files/Autodesk/ShotGrid Create/plugins/MovieFormats/mio_ffmpeg.dll: “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ShotGrid Create\plugins\MovieFormats\mio_ffmpeg.dll”: The specified procedure could not be found.

This file above does exist

ERROR: MovieFFMpeg: Unsupported codec_id ‘61’

@Damien,

Your mio_ffmpeg error may be solved by installing the correct vc redistributables.

This may coincidentally fix your issues with aspect ratios since I think RV might uses some ffmpeg functions to get metadata from the media.