Custom threaded entities not behaving as expected

We’re using Shotgun in a new department and tracking things (like scripts) we haven’t tracked before. I set up a custom threaded entity to track these and expected notes made here to show up in the Inboxes of people addressed in the To: and CC: fields and that is NOT happening - what am I doing wrong here? is this behaving as intended?

3 Likes

Hi @jlweiss - sorry to say that custom threaded entities have never had Inbox support. Definitely a need to flag to the Product team via our public roadmap page though!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s really terrible - why would you have To & CC fields and then NOT have them show up in the Inbox like other things with those options? At the very least it would be handy to specify that’s not going to happen in the Custom Entity description so folks like me don’t waste their time. At least it’s early in the project and won’t be too painful to nuke it from orbit & start over.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry for the false start there. Custom Threaded Entities actually pre-date the Inbox. The To and CC fields do drive legacy email notifications, but never got factored into the Inbox spec.

1 Like

Gotcha - well I’m starting over but that does make those entities useless from our perspective.

3 Likes

Hi @jlweissthese there were some fixes made to custom threaded entities and email notifications in 8.18 that we wanted to make you aware of:

Cheers,
Shayna

I had exactly the same issue. Turns out Email Notification are only available from Custom Threaded Entities 06 through 15… Looks like this is still the case because our CustomThreadedEntity01 still don’t have Email Notifications.

Can you guys please make it work on ALL Indexes please? Or will this means I’ll need to reach out Support to migrate all our current note into a CustomThreadedEntity06?

I dont think that means that email notifications are not available on 01-05, perhaps this was a bug that caused them not to be available for those specific entities.

Best to make a support ticket if you find that its not working as you think it should.

I tested with a new CustomThreadedEntity (06) and Email notification does work starting from that index.
I submitted a ticket to get our CustomThreadedEntity01 working…

1 Like