Calculated Field: Calendar Exceptions

I’m trying to create a calculated field that tells me the number of working days in a Phase. My current formula is:

TO_DURATION({end_date}-{start_date})

Which tells me the total number of real days between the start date and end date, as it should.
I’d like to subtract all non-working days (weekends, Exceptions) specified for the appropriate Project in Work Schedules.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

2 Likes

I’m not sure about creating a dedicated calculated field so I’ll leave that to others, but in the meantime you could just create a task that spans your phase length (start date/due date). It will automatically give you a duration summary that doesn’t include non-working days.

Thanks Pete! I’m specifically trying to make something that lets me quickly assess length in the Project Timeline App, so this won’t work for my purposes, but is a good work around otherwise. :slight_smile:

I’m trying to do something similar, Eli. I want to calculate the number of “working days left” on a Task and simply subtracting the end date from the start date only gives you the raw delta which includes non-working days.

@brandon.foster & @eli - Just wondering if you found a work around/solution to this?

Cheers
Rosie

I’m trying to do the same thing. It’s frustrating because, in the tasks entity, the default duration field automatically accounts for work days, but there is no default duration field in the phase entity. So, even though you can enter a start date and an end date, in order to get the duration, you have to create a custom calculation. But the custom calculation does not allow you to eliminate non-work days. Ugh.