Calculated Field From Date Fields

Is there any way, I can create calculated fields from Date Fields.
Say. I can add Bid to Startdate to calculate EndDate.
Or Find Duration by {EndDate} - {StartDate}

4 Likes

Hi @YogeshManey we currently have this on our roadmap to address https://www.shotgunsoftware.com/roadmap/ (in the “building” section).

7 Likes

Hi Jack -

Great news - super helpful feature

Do you have any idea on when this feature will be released?

Frederick

1 Like

Stay tuned– it should be available in the next release 8.13.

2 Likes

Hi -
Hi -
Hi -
Hi-
If we use; Find Duration by {EndDate} - {StartDate}

Is there a way not to count Saturdays and Sundays?

I assume the default will - which for my Studio will throw off the numbers.

Thanks -

Frederick

1 Like

@frederick1972 the initial release will count calendar days, including weekends yes.

1 Like

Hi -

Following up to see if this feature (no Weekends in Duration Calcs) is scheduled to be a part of an upcoming Release? Do you have any updates?

1 Like

Hi -

Following up to see if this feature (no Weekends in Duration Calcs) is scheduled to be a part of an upcoming Release? Do you have any updates?

1 Like

Hi -

1 Like

Hi @frederick1972 apologies I somehow missed your replies here :flushed:

We do not have any plans to update the date calculations to remove weekends at this time.

1 Like

Instead is there a calculate option to count sat and sun within a duration? My studio too would benefit this.
Thanks

1 Like

Yes you can do this, however it has some limitations that you might come against later. Here is what a calculation field would look like for this:

TO_DAYS(TO_DURATION({end_date}-{start_date}, days))

However, sometime you may want to calculate the work days. This can also be achieved with some inaccuracies like this:

TO_DAYS(TO_DURATION(({end_date}-{start_date})*((7/5)*5), days))

However, if your wanting to be perfectly accurate and or wanting to drop holidays, the only solution I have come up with is using webhooks and your own logic to do these calculations