AMI Menu sorting by id isn't very nice

We have a lot of AMIs we’re using here. We have a bunch that run reports, some that do batch SG updates, and others that do custom stuff. Because we also use TK, we have so many menu options, all of our AMIs are grouped under a single folder. As far as I can tell, the order they are displayed in the menu is by id. This is awful as it means we get a list like this (convoluted example just for fun - the issue is still relevant):

AMIs > Coffee Report
AMIs > Donut Report Plain
AMIs > Coffee Report Sugar
AMIs > Make Breakfast
AMIs > Tea Report
AMIs > Donut Report Jelly
AMIs > Make Lunch
AMIs > Coffee Report Decaf
AMIs > Donut Report Gluten Free

This is visually confusing and would be great if we could either set a sort order on the AMI entity or at least control it alphabetically so we got something more like this:

AMIs > Coffee Report
AMIs > Coffee Report Decaf
AMIs > Coffee Report Sugar
AMIs > Donut Report Gluten Free
AMIs > Donut Report Jelly
AMIs > Donut Report Plain
AMIs > Tea Report
AMIs > Make Breakfast
AMIs > Make Lunch

Ideally we’d like to have them all in another level submenu like:

AMIs > Reports > Coffee Report
AMIs > Reports > Coffee Report Decaf
AMIs > Reports > Coffee Report Sugar
AMIs > Reports > Donut Report Gluten Free
AMIs > Reports > Donut Report Jelly
AMIs > Reports > Donut Report Plain
AMIs > BatchUpdates > Make Breakfast
AMIs > BatchUpdates > Make Lunch
AMIs > BatchUpdates > Make Dinner

Yes, we can solve this now by changing just having AMIs to having AMI Reports and AMI BatchUpdates. This is less ideal for us and still displays all of the menus in the submenu in id order which is messy.

:neutral_face: I’d take alpha sorting.
:relieved: I’d be happier with a sort order field on AMIs.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’d be completely bonkers for sort order field and more than one level of subfolders :tada:.

Now I need more :coffee: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello kporangehat,

good news, the Action Menu Items have an Order fields.
Event better news, they also have a Folder field :wink:

sg_ami-fields

4 Likes

Oh my god that’s embarrassing. Thank you @Missy_of_Science for not beating me over the head about that. I think I was searching for “sort” and didn’t even catch the “Order” field that right there in the docs. :confused:

At the risk of further embarrassment, I see in your second screenshot, you have 2 levels of folders in your AMI menu there Actions > cleanup > Cleanup local Path to Frames. Is that Actions menu automatically added? We don’t have that. If I specify a cleanup folder, it just shows as cleanup > Cleanup local Path to Frames.

cheers,
kp

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned that depends on where you open the main menu and what you chose in Configure Menu Options. All our Items are included int he right-click menu and I usually use the Media Site, because all our AMIs restricted to Playlists, there I have an Action Menu. When I open the Menu on the Review Site, the Items are neatly sorted into that menu without the additional Action menu

1 Like

:eyes:

Did you say Review Site?
Do you mean AMI’s are possible in the Client Review Site?

Sorry to disappoint.

Review is the title of the Playlist Overview.

At least it is for us…

But I haven’t tried AMIs with Client Review, maybe it’s possible, maybe it isn’t.

1 Like

Anything is possible with user scripts and the JS api :slight_smile:

1 Like