Add new fields on the ticket entity without using design page

Hi,

I am trying to add and customize the fields in the Ticket entity, however, the only way I found is via the design page which adds the widget border at the top, in this case, it says “Fields” or Pivot Fields, is there a way I can add or modify the visible fields in the Ticket Entity without adding that bar at the top or by not using the design page?

Best,

If you are looking at a Ticket detail page, you should be able to add a new field under the Fields menu in the middle of the page. The top of the drop list will have the option “Manage Ticket Fields…”, which will then have open a dialog with the option “Add a new field” at the bottom

Hi @schicky, sadly, doing that doesn’t allow me to add more fields in the ticket itself. I would like to add more fields here, existing ones for example. I can only do that in the Pivot Widget with right click configure, but not with this one.

Ah, I see you want to make fields VISIBLE in the Ticket detail.
I think you are on the right path then with adding them in Design Mode to the Pivot widget for the right-hand column, or the other fields sections.

If you are unable to edit these widgets, then likely your SG Admin would need to do it

@schicky Yes, that works, however, it adds the white bar to the ticket as you can see there. As soon as I Edit, it is visible.

That sounds like a bug to report to Autodesk through a support ticket

Is this considered a bug? Please see the Fields bar it appears once I edit: @schicky

Unexpected and undesirable UI changes due to editing field visibility?
Yup that’s a bug

1 Like

Thank you!